Monday, July 23, 2007

Psalm 84

How lovely is Your dwelling place
O, Lord, mighty God, Lord of all.

Even the lowly sparrow finds a home for her brood,
and the swallow, a nest for herself
where she may lay her young
in Your altars, my King and my God.

Blessed are they whose dwelling is Your own, Lord of peace.
Blest are they refreshed by springs and by rain
when dryness daunts and scathes.
Behold my Shield, my King and my God.

I would forsake a thousand other days anywhere
if I could spend one day in Your courts,
belong to You alone.
My strength are You alone,
my Glory, my King and my God.

How lovely, Your dwelling place
O, Lord, mighty God, Lord of all.


This was a hit responsorial psalm during my stay in Don Bosco Mandaluyong. Memories of my last years in high school revolved in this song. And perhaps if people would be asked on what song they remember me, this would be it. I have sung this psalm many times during our masses, and every time I would sing it, it is as if it would be the only opportunity to sing it, and so I would sing it with all my being. My friend Igy loved it when I would sing this before, I don't know if he'll still love to hear me sing this after some years that had passed, and actually if I were to choose our friendship song, this would be my pick; the song that witnessed the story of our friendship. Igy, this is for you.


2 comments:

aries_arevalo_ax said...

even a lowly sparrow finds a home there. and yet we are worth more than sparrows that the hair on our heads are counted. What more for us? GOD IS MERCIFUL AND KIND, LOVING FOREVER AND EVER!

Loren said...

kuya! i miss you so much. haha. i always sing this song. :> wala lang. kahit sa bahay kinakanta ko. ^_^ i love you kuya. sooo muccch. hehe. and about dun sa date natin. haha. matutuloy din naman siguro un di ba? one day.. :) love you! muah!