Tuesday, September 26, 2006

O.P.

Yesterday morning, boys from Don Bosco Mandaluyong came to experience a short vocation orientation before going to Batulao for their retreat. I was asked to give my vocation story, and if possible, make it short (for whenever I would be asked to relay my vocation story, it would take me 30 minutes or so) – I told them to give me just 5 minutes this time (oh diba very short!)
While the program was going, I was thinking about what to share to these people, something short yet something substantial. And I thought of sharing a very own reflection about some lines that struck me sometime during my meditation – I shared only my reflection.

“If you seek life in the land of death you will not find it. Can there be a blessed life where life itself doesn’t exist?” –The Confessions of St. Augustine

These lines speak about being “Out of Place.” And being out of place means being uncomfortable, that would most probably lead us to being miserable. We will always be in a continuous “search and find” state in dealing about our being "In Place," in the right place. It also seemed to be similar to the message of Michael Smith’s composition, “My Place in this World.”

“Looking for a reason
Roaming through the night to find
My place in this world
Not a lot to lean on
I need Your light to help me find
My place in this world”

Where is your place in this world?
Where are you now?
What’s next for you?

I’ve found my place for the moment and yet still searches for it. May you continue to “search and find” yours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ei ron! miss na kta! hope ur ok! in fairness, natouch ako dun sa write-up mo na OP...mejo nakarelate cguro ako in a way, hehe..Jess Bless!