Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Isn't Parent's Day Yet

I was with Kate last night chatting over a Banana frapp. We haven't seen each other for quite a long time since 2005 when we were still giving retreats in Quezon City. So many stories and sharings, then one moment I was struck on what she said, "A good priest is produced through good parents." Then she left and went to the ladies room.

Thinking about it for a while, I remembered Mommy. I imagined her and how hard it is for her to race a family without Daddy on her side since he passed away 12 years ago. Where does she get her strenght all this time? If it's from us her children particularly me, I wouldn't be worthy of being one.

My mom is my Superwoman! What I am now is because of this Superwoman. And Kate was right, I owe everything to mom. Thanks Mom, Thanks Dad. I love You.

No comments: